These breakfast parfaits look so pretty and colorful and are so tasty, you’d never know they’re also super healthy. The Greek yogurt is packed with protein, the quinoa is also high in protein and has double the amount of fiber of most grains,and the strawberries and kiwi are both high in vitamin C and antioxidants. What a way to start the day!
• 2 cups (480 ml) plain Greek yogurt (I use 2%, but you can use any kind you like)
• 1 tablespoon honey
• Finely grated zest of 1/2 lime
• 1 cup (185 g) cooked quinoa, cooled
• 8 large strawberries, diced
• 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
• In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, and lime zest.
• Place 4 small (6-ounce/180-ml) juice glasses on a work surface and put 2 tablespoons of the quinoa in the bottom of each glass.
• Add 1/2 cup (60 ml) of the yogurt to each glass, followed by about 2 tablespoons of the diced strawberries and kiwi.
• Repeat the layering in each glass, and scatter any additional fruit that is left over the top layer of yogurt.
• Serve immediately.